Sunday, April 14, 2013

Playful Days

I love seeing my grandmother, Loraine Gunzendorfer, as a young woman with her friends.  They seemed to have so much fun together and went so many places! 

I have no idea where they were in most of these pictures, or even who they are, but it is fun to see them ‘playing’ together.  I especially love looking at their clothes – they sure dressed differently 100 years ago!

Tennis, anyone?  Can you imagine playing tennis dressed like this?  I knew my grandfather played a lot of tennis as a young man (I even rescued a few of his tennis racquets years ago) but until recently I never knew my grandmother played, too.

Tennis

Looks like this was either before or after the match based on how she’s dressed.  I love how she wore her hair up in this little bun – very stylish!  It looks like she’s pointing at something here but I can’t be sure.

Loraine

Here’s a couple of her friends starting a pyramid.  I have no idea who they are, though.  Check out those bathing suits!

Boys Pyramid

Thankfully she labeled at least one photo – here’s Earle in a canoe.  I’ve seen him mentioned many times in the scrapbook – he must have been a special friend.

Earle

She had this written on the page that included this picture but no other photos had two men in it. 

Gene and Earle in Santa Cruz.  Look as ‘tho they expect to have a good time.

Could that be Gene and Earle walking behind these three lovely ladies?  And who are the ladies?  I would venture to say that is, indeed, Santa Cruz in the background.

Gene_Earle

Here’s Grandma with her girlfriends.  She’s second from the left but I don’t know who the others are.  I’m pretty sure none of these are her BFF, Hallie Hitchcock.  Wonder where she was that day?

Girls

And here’s the whole gang.  I think Hallie might be second from the right and Grandma is on the right holding her hat.  They look like they’re being silly!

Gang

And one final shot of Grandma by herself – interesting hat she has on.  She looks very thoughtful!

Loraine Tree

I'm so glad she saved these photos - just wish I had more information about her friends and the places she went.

3 comments:

  1. Must have been hard to keep those white skirts clean! What wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many beautiful photos! This is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete