Saturday, July 28, 2012

Lawn Swing


Next page of the scrapbook - this cute little photo of two young people in a swing.  Hmmm, who could this be? 



I'm not sure but I think this might be my grandmother, Loraine Gunzendorfer, and her brother, Wilton Gunzendorfer. 

Here is the back:




Photo - August 1, 1909
"Lawn Swing"
Built by A.B. Gunzendorfer 1909
Construction - bolts and screws
no nails used
Value $100 - all joints halved

To be presented to Sig Levy Jr.
or Loraine Levy, Juniorette, on arrival.

By Grand-aaddy


This swing was built by my great-grandfather, Abraham Gunzendorfer, in 1909.  And after it was complete, he took a photo of these two in the swing.  In 1909 my grandmother would have been 13 and her brother 9, so I think this could be them.

Now Sig Levy didn't come into the picture until 1917 so I'm guessing Abe gave Loraine the photo with the note about a baby after they were married, or at least at some point after 1909.  He must have been so excited for his first grandchild to be born!

What fun they must have had on that swing - I wonder where it is today.


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful pic and to think your g-grandfather built it! That swing is beautiful! I love the seat itself and the awning. I'm with you I wonder what ever happened to it.
    Looking forward to more from the scrapbook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post & pictures. Really nicely done.

    ReplyDelete