Sunday, March 4, 2012

Where was my Dad in 1940?

In Junior High School!  How do I know?  Because I have his Report card to prove it!


Dad was always a good student and this report card proves that.  I was a little surprised, though, to see two B+s - I'd always thought he'd gotten straight A's all through school.  I wonder what instrument he played in the orchestra - I'm guessing it was piano because the only other instrument I remember him playing as a kid was the accordian.  He took piano, and later organ, lessons until just a few years before his death.  We loved listening to him play as kids and I always admired his dedication to practicing and lessons.

It's interesting that it looks like he moved on to 9th grade in February, 1941 - didn't kids graduate to the next grade in September? 

1 comment:

  1. How neat!! I really do need to unpack a bunch of boxes and find stuff. Yes, 6 1/2 years later, there are still about 6 or 8 unpacked boxes in the garage. And a few in closets in the house, too! I'll be visiting my bro and mom next week, and who knows what I'll find. :)

    ReplyDelete