Sunday, November 21, 2021

52 Ancestors: Birthdays - We all have 'em!

This week's blog prompt brought back many memories of birthdays, both mine and those of others.  So here are some special birthdays in photos.

Of course, probably the most memorable to a family is a baby's first birthday - not that the birthday boy or girl has any memory of it, though.  But thanks to my photographer wannabe Dad, at least I have some photos of my special day.

Keep your hands off, Deb!

But it tastes so good!

And here's my second birthday.  Dad labeled this photo on the front so in the interest of privacy, I've cropped it in order to delete the names.  

SP, Sister, TJ, Me

Since my sister is older, of course I wasn't around for her 1st birthday but Dad took care of that for us.


One of my favorite family photos is one that my dad titled "the greatest photo ever taken".  I've shared it before but it's too good not to share again.

Big sister's 5th birthday

I haven't run across any of my brother's first birthday, or really any others, but I did come up with this group shot.  And I'm happy to say that I can identify a few of these kids.  For those of you from my childhood, you might still be in touch with the girl on the right in the middle row.  Big brothers Tim and Sam.

Brother is middle kid, front row.  Maybe 4th or 5th birthday?

I even have a few of my dad to share.  My grandmother was kind enough to label this as his 2nd birthday.  What a cutie patootie!

Gordon Levy, 11 February 1929

Mom threw a big party for his 50th birthday - do I remember it was a surprise?  No matter what, he was thrilled to celebrate!

Looks like one candle per decade

One last photo that has become a classic in our family.  I learned the hard way that even though my girls have birthdays only one day apart, they must each have their own cake.  Sharing is hard to do!

Was Ernie not the preferred character or was sharing the cake the problem?

Birthdays - we all have 'em!  And when my birthday rolls around in just a few short weeks, I'll be thankful that I've had another one.

9 comments:

  1. Fun photos, but especially the one of your girls with their very own cakes. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was cute, too - but they thought it should be completely separated. Kids!

      Delete
  2. Adorable photos. My mother and her sister had birthdays one day apart (plus thirteen years). As adults, they loved celebrating together, so there's hope for your daughters.

    My daughters have birthdays eleven days apart, and the older one's birthday is the later one. When they both were little, the older one resented that her sister's birthday came first. You just can't win!

    AND I did get the email notification for this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughters are used to it now. The oldest is first so I loved that when the younger was "jealous" that she didn't get any presents, I said "no problem, you'll get them tomorrow".

      Glad you got the e-mail.

      Delete
  3. Terrific photos, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful photos! I don't have any photos of me, my brother, or my kids at age 1 — and for the life of me, I don't know why! How neat that your folks were taking pix of you and yours!
    Love, M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Growing up I hated that my dad always had to take pictures. But now I am sure happy he did!

      Delete
  5. I have photos of only one of my birthday parties. It was in the backyard. There was a table set up with places for everyone but we all stood. No chairs.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete