Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Construction Zone

 

Many of you know that blogger is discontinuing the Feedburner service at the end of the month which will require us to find a different tool so that we can share our blogs via e-mail.  I've been researching other ways to communicate and think I've settled on follow.it.  (Thanks, Wendy and Marian, for all of your help with this).  For those of you who already follow me via e-mail, your address will be input automatically so you shouldn't need to do anything else.  For those of you who follow me in some other way, if you'd like to follow me by e-mail there is a new "button" on my blog where you can input your e-mail address, prove that you're not a robot, and you should be good.

Unfortunately, there may be some hiccups along the way.  I hope this isn't the case but due to the timing of turning one on and the other off, you may receive my blog twice - if this is the case, I apologize in advance.  The Feedburner e-mail comes from Who Knew? while the new e-mail will come from follow.it.  

In other news, I am also working on putting my blog into book format.  The first two years of blogging, I used Blurb to slurp my blog into a book so I could share my blog with my mother who didn't use a computer.  What I liked about the Blurb book is that once I downloaded it into the book format, I was able to format things - add or delete spaces, size the photos, etc.  It worked well so that after every post it automatically put a page break in order to keep the photos, captions, etc. together.  Unfortunately, Blurb no longer offers blog slurping so I am looking for another way to slurp my blog so I can always have a hard copy backup.  I've explored BlogBooker, Lulu (thanks, Amy!), and Blog2Print but it seems that any revisions must be made in the actual blog rather than after it has been downloaded.  If anyone else has suggestions for what I can use to replace Blurb, I'm all ears.

I'm also working on publishing the letters my dad wrote home to his parents during his 18 months in the military.  Thanks again to Amy who has given me some pointers about self-publishing through Amazon.  I'll be adding his photos where I can so I have some work ahead of me.  Stay tuned for that.

Thanks for being a faithful reader and for your patience as I work through these things.  

4 comments:

  1. I am glad I could be of some help. And I will look for your blog coming from follow.it Good luck with all these technical issues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family will be SO grateful that you are organizing and printing the letters from your Dad during his time in the military, along with photos. A real gift to future generations!

    ReplyDelete