Sunday, March 6, 2022

I'M IN!

 

Late last year I wrote about the FUTURE and that it might include my membership into DAR through my 5x great grandfather, Ashbel Waller.  You can read about it HERE.  

And now, just two short months later, it is OFFICIAL - I am a member of Daughters of the American Revolution!  

Wendy made it happen and kept me informed along the way.  She notified me on February 10 that my application had been verified and that I would receive my national number on March 5.  And just like that, yesterday I received the golden number confirming without a doubt that I'M IN! Which means HE'S IN!

Ashbel is a newly recognized patriot and I am honored to have had a part in recognizing him.  And just to make it completely official, here is Ashbel's entry.

 
A very belated thank you to, Ashbel Waller, my 5x great grandfather, for his service.  And a special thank you to Wendy for helping me to honor Ashbel.



10 comments:

  1. Congratulations! And how neat to join under a newly-recognized Patriot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm especially happy to have him finally honored.

      Delete
  2. This is wonderful news. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did the heavy lifting. Being a family historian was in your favor because you’ve been collecting vital records for years. I simply found the records of Ashbel’s service and residence and put the papers together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I admit I have the Levy packrat gene and like my ancestors, I never seemed to get around to actually doing anything with it. Thanks again for all of your help!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, Debi! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. I am proud to have Ashbel honored.

      Delete
  5. I realized I had not seen any updates from you in ages so did a check and found it's been way over a year since you last posted to your blog. I hope you are well. I miss reading about your connections to Fresno. Would love to hear from you. Delaine Zody in Fresno

    ReplyDelete