Sunday, September 9, 2012

Meet my Grandparents



Top (L-R) Edward Francis Fitzgerald, Clara Maxine Fitzgerald, Sheldon Hunter
Bottom (L-R) Mabel Viola McAboy, Geraldine Martin, Loraine Gunzendorfer, Sigmund Levy

Since today is National Grandparents Day, I thought I'd honor each of my grandparents in pictures.  The above photo includes my maternal grandmother's parents, Mabel and Edward Fitzgerald, the only great grandparents I had the pleasure of knowing.

Paternal Grandfather - Sigmund Levy - 1888-1968


Sigmund Levy - c. 1889
Sigmund Levy - c. 1918


Sigmund Levy - date unknown

Paternal grandmother - Mildred Loraine Gunzendorfer - 1896-1982

Mildred Loraine Gunzendorfer - 1896
Mildred Loraine Gunzendorfer c. 1897
Mildred Loraine Gunzendorfer - date unknown
Mildred Loraine Gunzendorfer Levy - date unknown


Loraine and Sigmund Levy
They loved to cruise!


Maternal Grandfather - Earle Martin - 1900-1986


Earle Martin & Geraldine Martin (my mother) - 1928

Maternal Grandmother - Clara Maxine Fitzgerald - 1903-1987

Clara Maxine Fitzgerald - 1903
Clara Fitzgerald Martin & Geraldine Martin - 1928

 
Clara Fitzgerald Hunter - date unknown
She always had a glimmer in her eye

And since Clara remarried, we had a bonus grandfather - Sheldon Hunter - who was Grandpa to us.

Sheldon Abb Hunter - 1895-1974


Sheldon Hunter - date unknown


Sheldon and Clara Hunter - 1974

Where has the time gone?  I remember these people so vividly - it's hard to believe they've been gone at least 25 years.  Thanks for the memories, Grandmas and Grandpas!




4 comments:

  1. What wonderful photos you have of your grandparents! You are so lucky to have them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muy bonita y entrañable colección de fotografías de época.
    Un saludo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome, Debi! I can't imagine what you had to do to keep and/or find those pictures. Not to mention, you even have pictures of your great-grandparents. Some are from 1918, 1889, even an unknown date. LOL! Anyway, I'm glad that National Grandparent’s Day is still celebrated in your house. :) I just read on a magazine that only a few people do, nowadays. :(

    Audrina Jackson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of these photos were in the treasure chest aka mother's storage unit we cleaned out last spring. Maybe I care more about National Grandparent's Day now that I'm a grandparent myself. :-)

      Delete